On Jan. 10, the Indianapolis Public Transportation Foundation (IPTF) announced the award of bus pass grants from the Mobility Access Fund to 38 Marion County 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations. Included in this round of grants are 7,668 1-Day and 1,383 31-Day bus passes, equaling 56,688 days of free transportation. “Our goal is to make it easier for nonprofits to assist residents in getting where they need to go by offering these valuable resources,” said IPTF executive director Emily Lovison.
The list of organizations that received the passes includes the following Midtown-based nonprofits:
- Arise Together, Inc., 3755 N Washington Blvd., provides re-entry services to womenn
- Coburn Place Safe Haven, 604 E. 38th St., is a domestic violence shelter for women and children.
- Freewheelin’ Community Bikes, 3355 Central Ave., is bicycle-centric youth development program.
- Indiana Youth Group, Inc., 3733 N. Meridian St., a safe place support center for LGBTQ+ Hoosiers between the ages 12 to 24 and their allies.
- Trinity Haven, Inc. in Mapleton-Fall Creek offers housing and supportive services to LGBTQ young adults.