The Broad Ripple Farmers Market occurs rain or shine every Saturday from 8 a.m. – Noon, May thru September and from
9 a.m. – Noon, October thru November.
(The first half hour is reserved for high-risk customers)
Since Indianapolis Public Schools will not allow the Broad Ripple Summer Farmers Market to use the Broad Ripple High School parking lot until the Governor relaxes restrictions on social distancing, the Broad Ripple Village Association had to find a new location. The market is located in the south overflow lot behind Glendale Town Center, 6179 North Rural Avenue.
The market is complying with the Marion County Health Department’s COVID-19 restrictions for farmers markets. Thus, protocols are in place with the goal of maintaining social distance and preventing transmission of COVID-19:
- No eating or drinking at the market. That means no ready-to-eat food, beverages, or vendor product samples.
- Single entrance/exit. To permit safe social distancing between customers, the number of persons allowed into the Market at one time will be limited.
- Pre-orders on vendor websites is encouraged. This minimizes wait times for all customers and has proven to be a popular strategy at the Winter Farmers Market.
- No dogs. This helps meet the necessary social distancing and safety requirements.
- Personal protective equipment. Everyone attending the Market should wear a face mask.
Detailed information about the most recent changes is available on the BRVA website.